Feb 25, 2020
Offered at Main Campus
The Computer Software Development program instructs students in the languages of the computer and the operation of the computer as the person analyzes and organizes information. The 21-month (seven-term) program covers preparation in computer languages, application testing and debugging, databases, business systems analysis and communication skills. Hands-on training is provided in areas of web development, mobile application development and mainframe programming. The program leads to jobs as computer programmers, programmer analysts and systems analysts.
To enroll, complete an application and attend any required academic orientation and information session. This program may be entered at the beginning of any term. Students meeting all program and graduation requirements receive an Associate of Applied Science degree.
A laptop computer is required for second term students, preferred for first term students. Laptop computer requirements are available from the department office at (641) 683-5215.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Interact with others in a respectful and professional manner utilizing written and verbal communications.
- Understand basic business principles.
- Design and document software solutions.
- Prepare, analyze and execute various testing methods.
- Understand and use structured programming concepts.
- Design and create programs using object oriented programming concepts.
- Design and create web applications.
- Identify and apply current software delivery methodologies.
- Demonstrate problem solving and debugging skills.
- Create, manipulate, and use various data storage types.
- Create programs utilizing Graphical User Interface objects.
- Design, develop and manage applications utilizing various software tools.
Program Total: 79-83 Credits
- GEW XXX-General Education: Communications - Credits-3.00 *
- GEP XXX General Education: Culture - Credits-3.00 *
- CIS 932 - Internship - Credits: 4.00
- CIS 181 - Java III - Credits: 3.00 AND
- XXX XXX - Emphasis Option - Credits: 3.00
Mobile Development Emphasis Option Required Courses
Webpage Development Emphasis Option Required Courses
Mainframe Programming Emphasis Option Required Courses
Approved Emphasis Option Elective Courses
In order to complete an Emphasis Option area, 16-18 Emphasis Course Credits are required and 12 of the credits must be from the same Emphasis Option area.
* Refer to General Education Course Requirements (A.A.S.) for approved courses.