To view the full Non-Discrimination Statement, please visit the College Catalog & Student Handbook or the college website.
Individuals with disabilities who require accommodations for special services should contact the IHCC Disability Services office for assistance. Services are available to students who need classroom accommodations, interpreters and/or specialized equipment.
Students who are requesting accommodations must document their disability by providing a written statement signed by a school counselor, physician, psychologist or other health care professional. Statements must include: (a) a description of the disability, (b) a statement of how the disability prohibits one or more major life activities and is a barrier to the student’s full participation in the program, and (c) a description of the specific accommodations to be provided. (Requested accommodations must be related to the individual’s specific disability.)
All requests for accommodations should be made prior to enrollment.
Students should make their requests for accommodations to the Disability Services office at the time they are applying for admission and, preferably, no later than six weeks prior to the beginning of each academic term. All student requests are dealt with in a confidential manner. Students should contact Disability Services by calling (641) 683-5749 (Ottumwa) or (641) 856-2143, ext. 2214 (Centerville) or by email at [email protected].
Indian Hills Community College is a public post-secondary institution accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the Higher Learning Commission, 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602-2504, and (800)621-7440.
Indian Hills Community College is also accredited by the State of Iowa, Iowa Department of Education, Grimes State Office Building, Des Moines, IA 50319-0146, (515)281-8260.
Program Learning Outcomes
The following list of program learning outcomes describes the knowledge and skills the student should be able to demonstrate upon completion of the program.
- Practice shop safety.
- Select and use proper tools and equipment to perform diesel power systems repairs according to industry procedures.
- Diagnose and repair diesel engine malfunctions.
- Diagnose and repair suspension and steering systems.
- Diagnose and repair problems associated with diesel braking systems.
- Diagnose and repair problems associated with vehicle or equipment electrical systems.
- Demonstrate preventative maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and repair drive trains.
- Diagnose and repair heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.
- Diagnose and repair hydraulic systems.
- Understand Geospatial Technologies for farm, construction, railroad and other sites.
- Safety glasses or Safety goggles
- OSHA approved blow gun with rubber tip
- Tool Box (suitable to hold the following tools, a roll cabinet not to exceed 55” is suggested)
- 1/2” Drive socket/ratchet set
- Standard length ratchet
- Long handled flex-head ratchet
- Universal joint
- 3/8” -1-1/8” standard sockets, 6-pt shallow
- 12 - 32 mm metric sockets, 6-pt shallow
- 3/8” Drive socket/ratchet set
- Adapters (1/4” to 3/8” and 3/8” to 1/2”)
- 1/4” - 1 1/4” standard sockets, 12-pt shallow
- 8 - 32 mm metric sockets, 12-pt shallow
- Torx bits sockets (T6 – T60)
- Hex Bit Sockets
- SAE 1/8 - 3/4
- Metric 2.5 - 19mm
- 1/4” Drive socket/ratchet set
- Extensions and universal joint
- 3/16” – 5/8” standard sockets, 6-pt deep and shallow
- 4 - 14 mm metric sockets, 6-pt deep and shallow
- 3/8” – 1-1/4” combination
- 10 - 22 mm metric combination
- 3/8” - 3/4” line wrenches
- 9 – 21 mm line wrenches
- Mixed flat/Phillips screwdriver set
- Chisel and punch set
- Bronze drift punch
- Pry Bars
- 20” rolling head pry bar
- 12” rolling head pry bar
- 24” striking pry bar
- 12” striking pry bar
- 7” needle nose
- 9” channel lock type
- 7” diagonal cut
- 10” vise grip, curved jaw
- 6” vise grip, long nose
- Combination crimper/wire strippers
- Piston ring installers
- Locking ring - opens to 1 ¼” min.
- Internal/external snap-ring pliers set
- 16 oz. Ball peen
- 32 oz. Ball peen
- 2 or 2 ½ lb. Hammer
- 48 oz. Dead blow hammer
- Feeler gauges (.0015” - .035”)
- Gasket scraper (heavy duty)
- 6” steel ruler
- 12’ steel tape measure
- Mixed file set w/handles
- Flashlight (rechargeable or battery)
- Oil filter wrenches (should fit both small and large filters)
- Pick-up magnet
- Torque wrench 1/2” drive 240 ft/lb min
- Torque wrench 3/8” drive 100 ft/lb min
- Auto-ranging digital multimeter
- Read Volts – milli-Amps – Ohms
- True Root Mean Square function
- Minimum 10 Mega Ohms impedance
- With spare fuses