Associate of Arts Degree in Psychology
Students who intend to complete an Associate of Arts Degree in Pscyhology and transfer to a four-year institution should consult with an Indian Hills Academic Advisor and the four-year institution to determine any additional requirements at the four-year institution.
The Psychology Transfer Major provides a foundation for students interested in the field of Psychology. It applies to students interested in transferring to a four-year institution in order to pursue a baccalaureate degree or advanced degrees in Psychology or related fields of study. The curriculum establishes the necessary foundation courses in psychology as well as general education requirements.
Program Learning Outcomes:
1. The student will develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
2. The student will demonstrate the ability to interpret and evaluate psychological research.
3. The student will evaluate historical and contemporary theories in psychology.
4. The student will develop psychological thinking by applying learning to real life situations.
5. The student will examine and draw conclusions on human development across the lifespan.
6. The student will develop skills that foster communication and interaction within a diverse population.
Program Total: 64 Credits